Friday, March 05, 2004

food and the practice

There must be some equation to determine the number of calls you'll get from employers based on the amount of resumes that have been sent out, but apparently I haven't reached the magic number yet to warrant one call. I have found, though, that all this free time has made me hungry. It can't be a good thing when lunch, or the prospect of lunch, becomes a high point in the day. And while I'm thinking of food (again), I read in the paper about the continuing anger toward restaurants, but I really can't figure out why we're blaming restaurants for how fat the kids of America are getting. Is your child's nutrition really McDonald's responsibility? And if you think it is, should you really have had kids in the first place? So now Oreo cookies are changing their recipe and McDonald's changing their food in an attempt to 'health-ify' it, and the end result is that the food now tastes crappy. Though I guess if nobody wants to eat the food the problem of fat kids will be solved. Of course, you always have KFC.
Another thing with not working is that my daytime television viewing has gone up quite a bit...and a few things I've noticed are 1) that Maury Povich really needs to expand the topics that he covers. Paternity tests and make-overs are fine, but there has to be a few other pressing issues out there. 2) That Cheers really isn't that funny. It's a shame too, because it seemed so funny at the time. It just doesn't pay to watch shows you used to like in re-runs. And 3) thanks to FX, I now realize that the Practice used to be a much better show than it is now. I guess this disproves my theory on watching shows you used to like, but I blame this on James Spader. There's just too much James Spader on the Practice now. Part of the problem may be that I never cared much for James Spader in the first place...really now, he wasn't even good enough to get into that 80's club of Judd, Emilio and Rob Lowe. Though I doubt that the Practice would be any better with one of those guys, or even with Molly Ringwald for that matter.

I really have too much time on my hands.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home