Tuesday, March 09, 2004

observations from a night class

You know, there are many differences between 'typical' college aged students (18-23) and 'old' college students (27+...and yes all you 27 year olds, to the 18-20 year old crowd, you are OLD) but probably the most depressing thing is the aging of your typical conversation that takes place before class
For example...

18-23 year olds: "yo dude, that party last night was killer! I got so wasted!"

27+ year olds: "so now my roof is leaking all over my new sofa and the repairman said this will cost at least $800!"

18-23 year olds: "OH MY GOD! You know that wrestler Rick that was going out with Jenna, who's that friend of Beth's? Well Beth told me that Rick broke up with Jenna and was asking about ME! Can you believe it?!"

27+ year olds: "So now they're raising property taxes again, and between that and the cost of preschool for Benny, I just might have to take out a second mortgage on the house."

The next step in the aging process of conversation will be the aches and pains talk, "oh my back is killing me, but the corns on my feet make it that much worse!" and then the updates on who you know that has died before you...(my grandparents would check the obits every morning to see who they outlived...honest)

I'm only 31! For the record, that's younger than Tom Cruise, Will Smith and Uma Thurman! It's just too depressing to think about so I guess I'll just head to the kitchen, grab a glass of prune juice and go rest awhile in my rocking chair.

And you damn kids better stay out of my yard!

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home