Tuesday, April 06, 2004

coffee shop smells

Class last night was not quite as bad as I feared. Though the common headaches made their usual appearance. Mr. Blackbox only mentioned his place of employment three or four times instead of the usual dozen. And Office Depot dude spent 15 minutes instructing everyone on the various functions that copiers can do nowadays (so many folds! binding! digitally scanning and rearranging pages!) but we ended up getting out an hour earlier, which constitutes a good class.
But the real problem happened before class.

Anticipating a boring Monday night, I headed to Starbucks prior to class in hopes that the coffee would help me stay in a non-sleep induced state while the fun occurred all around me.

Now, I love coffee, and Starbucks has the whole coffee experience down to a science. The atmosphere. The dark roast beans. And particularly the smells. There's nothing quite like the smell of fresh ground coffee. Upon entering a coffee shop, I always enjoy the first inhale...just taking in those enticing aromas. So, naturally, as soon as I was inside the door yesterday, first point of business was the deep breath. And what I was greeted with was an overwhelming stench of really funky body odor.

My whole coffee experience was ruined (not that this kept me from buying coffee, but I enjoyed it a lot less) all because someone doesn't like to bathe. You know, if you're planning on doing a quick run to the drive-in window at the bank or a fast food restaurant then sure, don't bathe. These types of places are bathing optional. There's enough outside air around you to carry the funk off into the atmosphere.

But if you're planning on going somewhere indoors and around other people then BATHE! I don't want your arm pit odor mingling with my coffee! Or, for that matter, with my bagel, burger, or anything else that I happen to be eating. So next time, if you're unsure how you smell, skip the coffee and purchase a stick of deodorant instead and let those of us who enjoy the soap and water experience drink our coffee in peace!

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home