Sunday, April 18, 2004

excitement abounds...and then bounds some more

Two job interviews transpired, one phone interview which I missed because I was waiting by the wrong phone (I'm quite sure that I didn't give them my cell phone number to call...my minute usage is way over the limit this month, which will undoubtedly leave a nasty hole in my wallet). In any event, the week culminated with a call on Friday with *gasp* a job offer. They called on Monday to schedule an interview. I interviewed on Wednesday. Job offer on Friday. I accepted (money really does talk) and start tomorrow. The thing is, I really don't want to work.

It's not the job, which is doing background checks (not at the under ground bunker). I've become quite content not working and have found that I really don't need it for any feelings of self worth. You may call this laziness, although I prefer to think of it as having reached a state of self actualization. So I'm back as a cog in the machine, and while the money will be welcomed back with open arms, I have no real desire beyond that.

I read somewhere that people who remain unemployed for over a year rarely return to the work force. I completely disagree with this statement. I think the time frame is probably more like three months. So for now I work. But for tomorrow...well, we'll see.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home