Friday, April 23, 2004

the week at work

One week done. Which leaves about 1,716 left until retirement. Things seem to be going well so far, though. Listed in the plus column is the fact that the girl who was hired with me on Monday has already been 'let go' (yes...fired). I have not. Which I am going to take as solid proof of my 'adequate-ness' on the job.

It's been educational, as well. In the course of a week's worth of background checks, I have come across a guy who was fired from his job for 'extra-curricular' activities...women and booze, a guy that listed his previous job description as 'hanged live chickens', someone who left their previous job because of 'daily verbal abuse', and a guy whose high school diploma I couldn't confirm. Upon calling the guy to get a little more information out of him...thinking that perhaps I had called the wrong high school...he told me, 'naw, I never graduated from high school. The application only asked what high school I went to, not if I graduated, and I went to that high school for two whole years'.

After seeing some people's resumes and applications, I'll never again question why the unemployment rate is so high in this country.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home