Monday, May 03, 2004

abandonment issues

Yes, today has brought about issues of abandonment for me. Several weeks ago, I stubbed my toe. Not just an average stub. This was a code red stub. My toe was severely sore. But I suffered through the pain with only a modicum of shed tears...because if there is one thing that I am, it's tough. And brave. But mostly tough. But, alas, my toenail proved not to be as tough as I am. And today, shortly after exiting the shower, my toenail departed from this world. Being that this is the first toenail I've lost, the whole ordeal was quite devastating. Unfortunately, I find even the healthiest of toenails to be rather disgusting, let only recently departed toenails, so the eulogy was brief, and then it was put to rest in the trash can. Right next to a stack of rejection letters.

Toenail, you've served me well and will be sorely missed. And your replacement, which is coming in quite nicely, by the way, will have some mighty big socks to fill.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home