Monday, May 10, 2004

all the wonderful smells

Now that my little bout of self pity has past, I'm feeling quite refreshed. I came to terms with my birthday blues, by which I mean drank, and now I'm feeling much better.

A slight relapse did occur, however, during class this evening, due simply to the fact that I had to sit through three mind numbing hours. However, our professor totaled 188 uses of the word 'okay', tonight, which averages about 63 okays per hour. This, compared to the 50 okays per hour that she averaged last week...so she's obvious improving in this respect, if not in the actual 'teaching' respect. And you know when you start doing math to quell boredom, things must be bleak. Along these lines, I calculated that 1/209,664 of my life was wasted tonight by sitting in that class for three hours. In short, class stunk.

And speaking of stink, it was always around this time of the school year, that I had to give my annual 'deodorant' talk. Because, come spring, a classroom full of sixth graders can become quite funky. They always seemed to be on a fifth grade bathing schedule, but their bodies were producing a seventh grade stench. My ode to deodorant basically consisted of high praise for all the deodorant companies of the world...claiming that the likes of Sure and Right Guard were possibly the glue that held society together. If ever a person was more deserving of becoming the national deodorant spokesperson, this person was surely me. I pointed out the wide array of pretty colors and wonderful smells to choose from, in both the roll-on and spray varieties. Sadly, though, this speech of mine usually fell upon deaf ears, the typical sixth grade view point being that while 'the rest of the class stinks, surely he doesn't mean me'.

So while my brain cells are quickly dying out by taking classes, at least my nasal passages are more healthy since I no longer teach them.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home