Wednesday, May 26, 2004

words of eloquence

While I don't fancy myself a good writer by any stretch of the imagination, I still feel that you can use words to eloquently convey any meaning, emotion, or mind set without the need to utilize clichés or certain four letter words (or certain twelve letter words if you count the word 'mother' before a certain four letter word and the letters 'er' at the end of that same four letter word.)

This being said, I am now fucked.

I went out to a bar with a few co-workers after work today. As the evening wore on, Nancy and I were the last in the bar. Now past happenings and little comments had me wondering if perhaps Nancy was interested in me as an 'after work' friend rather than just a 9 to 5 friend. Well, tonight I got my answer. And it's clearly more than work related business that she's interested in.

Which is good, because she really is incredibly sweet, funny, and quite attractive. Of course, there is still Lindsey, who I also work with and has also has shown an 'outside of the office' interest. And I think it is safe to say that I am now treading on some very thin ice which is sitting atop some very shark infested waters.

I like them both. And they both work with me in the same small office. So, clearly, this is a recipe for disaster. And even though no roles or rules have been set down and no firm commitments have been drawn up, I don't feel any better about the brick wall that I'm rapidly heading for.

So the road just became more treacherous. And, undoubtedly, I am bound to go careening over the edge sooner or later. And the minute I break through that guardrail and begin that little free fall into the valley below, I know exactly what thought will be crossing through my mind...
I am now fucked.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home