Sunday, June 20, 2004

bird anatomy 101

Driving around today, I noticed a flash and loud bang occur across the road from where I was stopped at a stop sign. It seems that two power lines had blown together and touched, resulting in a completed circuit and nice little fireworks display.

This reminded me of my high school science teacher. My brother had the same lady a few years after I did, and told me that someone in his class once asked her why when birds sit on a telephone wire that they don't get electrocuted and have a heart attack. Her answer to this question was, "birds can't have heart attacks because I'm pretty sure that they don't have hearts." Apparently birds, unlike many other living things, run on batteries or something.

And these are the people that we have educating kids in our public schools. The future of America is going to be a scary place.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home