Sunday, June 27, 2004

nothing but face

There are thousands of reasons why I would hate being extremely overweight. The health issues. The decreased sex appeal. The name-calling and disgusted stares from people on the street. And the knowledge that the terms 'plus-sized' and 'husky' refer to clothes that I have to wear.

But the thing that would bother me the most would be my high school picture in the yearbook. Without exception, yearbook photographers always seem to zoom in real tight on the fat kids' faces, leaving a row of normal sized teenager heads and then one where the whole picture is nothing but face...making the obese kids look even larger by giving them these humongous pumpkin heads, and leaving them with a permanent record of their fatness.

If I were really fat, it would be this type of thing that would make it hard to ever enjoy eating a Twinkie again.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home