Thursday, July 22, 2004

and people say that i don't handle rejection well

I met a girl awhile back who seemed nice enough at the time. Her name was Casey and while she was no real beauty, she seemed nice enough. We went on a few dates, though no sparks really flew, but I figured that it was at least worth sticking around to see if any smoldering started to happen. So on a whim, we both decided to go sky-diving for date number four. She suggested it, I've always wanted to try it, and what better way to see if any chemistry would ignite than jumping out of a plane? This was three weeks ago. I made the reservations, paid the deposit (for both of us, mind you), and then she pretty much disappeared.

I suggested that we meet a couple times before the big jump. She had weddings to go to, then got mysteriously ill, then just stopped  communicating all together. I emailed her yesterday saying that I got the message, but that she could at least have guts to tell me she was bailing. Today I got an email back from her which read; 'Sorry, I won't be going'. Nothing more.

I like to think that I'm a bigger person than she is. I realize that people's tastes in other people are strictly a personal matter. Truthfully, I wasn't all that impressed by her, so why should she have been into me? I can suck up the fact that she bailed first, officially making me the dumpee in the process, and that I can still hold my head high and not let this affect me.

And I'll hold firm to this belief until that voodoo doll arrives by mail that I bought on ebay. Then I plan on jabbing several sharp objects into it and toss the thing onto the highway somewhere. Hopefully she'll feel every prick and tire mark. Good riddance, Ms. Wild. Look for your email address to appear soon in multiple chat rooms geared toward women who love psychotic inmates.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home