Friday, July 16, 2004

it just doesn't pay to change the future

On the news today I heard that there had been an outbreak of salmonella in the area. The culprit was a Sheetz convenience store that apparently had some tainted lettuce. 
 
The reason that I bring this up is because last weekend while out with some friends, we were hungry and decided that some food was in order. Where did they want to go? Sheetz. Now being that we were already in a bar playing darts combined with the fact that I'm not a big fan of Sheetz food even when it's not contaminated, I suggested that we just grab a few appetizers there...which we did. 

The result of this decision I made was that we were all saved from contracting salmonella which, from what I understand, is no party in the park. And this is what pisses me off. Not that I really wanted to see my friends spurting diarrhea while balled up with stomach cramps, but because my good deed will now go unrewarded! 

Really now, here I am, the hero in all this, and where's my praise? And even if I try to point out the fact that they should all be extremely grateful, I know that I'll only be met with hysterical laughing. And what kind of thanks is that?! 

At least if they had got sick, I could have thrown in an, "I told you so", but now, because I saved them from this horrible fate, I get nothing. And there's nothing worse then getting gypped out of your well deserved praise! 

All I know is that the big guy upstairs better be keeping track of all these good deeds of mine, because you can bet that I am!

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home