Tuesday, July 20, 2004

my cubical in hell

What a way to start the week. Monday came and the old twit who runs the place completely went around the bend. On a whim, she decided that she was firing four people, and by the end of the day, four people were gone. It had nothing to do with the quality of their work, just the fact that she felt like getting rid of some people. My head wasn't on the chopping block, but I got a 'promotion' into a completely crappy job. My new title, which carries with it no extra monetary value, mind you, is now Manager of Customer and Sales Support. Basically, I've become a full-time telemarketer, which both sucks and pisses me off at the same time. The people that I need to call is everyone in our database...which is currently at about 16,000 names. 

Do we have this many clients? No, not even close. It's just that no one has ever scrubbed our database of those clients that have gone out of business or haven't used our service in the past four years. Hell, the contact names aren't even correct in most cases. Just last week, I called up a place and asked for the person listed as the contact there and the receptionist told me that the lady had passed away about a year ago. Now I ask, how professional does that make us look? But yet, I don't have the authority to delete these people from our database...no, that would make too much sense. I've never read Dante, but I'm positive that I'm nearing that seventh layer of hell. 

It's funny, but about a month ago I loved my job and had two potential women at work with whom a little 'thing' seemed to be a strong possibility. Now I hate my job and all the work women have dried up...one of whom, Lindsay, got canned in the Monday firing frenzy. Can you believe that I'm actually jealous of her?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home