Wednesday, July 14, 2004

stuff, lick, toss

I've long since given up the hopes that I'll be moved back to doing background checks. It would appear that my job title has switched from, Background Researcher, to Quality Assurance Assistant, to Sales Assistant...which basically means that trained monkeys can now do my job. The last few days have pretty much been spent stuffing envelopes, to create more business, which will put money into the Sales Manager's pocket. Basically, I am now earning commissions for him. I figure that I should be getting a cut of this money...but I realize that this is a dream. I figure that I should be getting a simple, 'hey, thanks'...but this too is a dream. I figure that, at the very least, I should be left alone to stuff, lick, and curse my multiple paper cuts in peace...but not even this dream has been granted.

So here's my basic day, stuff, lick, toss on pile, repeat. But apparently, I wasn't performing the 'toss' portion of this demanding task correctly. Mario, the Sales Manager, approached me today and said, 'it's very loud when you toss those envelopes onto each other. Try placing them gently so you won't be so disruptive.'

Let's see how 'loud and disruptive' he finds it when I bring in a pair of cymbals tomorrow.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home