Sunday, July 18, 2004

watch these babies bounce!

About a month ago, the kind people at National City Bank made an appearance to our office to discuss opening up a checking account with them. Normally, I would have no interest in anything the National City Bank people had to say. I'm very happy with my current bank, thank you. But Michelle and Debbie, the bank representatives, explained that our old twit boss had decided to offer direct deposit...but only if we had an account with National City. And like whores with the chance at earning fifty bucks, Debbie and Michelle were just all smiles and promises of an easy, no-guilt relationship. 'Just take the pen and sign!', they cooed.

I was about to leave when they told me I didn't have to pay anything to set the account up and that there was no minimum balance. I shrugged, took the pen from their sweaty little hands, and signed in triplicate. I was now an official National City Bank John.

And just this past week, I got my brand new checks from my brand new bank, with a big fat balance of one cent in my brand new account.

But after several weeks of my account remaining stagnant at one cent, I realized that our boss decided to renege on her direct deposit promise. National City needed the deposits by Thursday. Our boss refused to have the money ready before Friday. So direct deposit is out the window. And my glorious checking account remains at $0.01.

But if you'd like a donation, just let me know...I've got a bunch of checks that aren't doing me any good. And I've always strongly believed in sharing the wealth.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home