Monday, August 23, 2004

welcome to your monday

Mondays always stink, and I rarely find anything redeeming about them. I hate the fact that you need to set the alarm again for 6 am. I hate the fact that you have to drag yourself through five whole days until the weekend. Everything is just a little more sucky on a Monday. The weather. The traffic. And even pastries. Especially when they're all over your car.

Thousands of years ago some kid discovered that chickens lay eggs. This same kid probably found that a chicken egg makes an ideal projectile. And when that first kid saw the wonderful splat that this egg made on impact, an outlet for little prehistoric hoodlums was born. Huts made of sticks, bear skin loin cloths hung out to dry, and even finely crafted spears probably all met with runny egg innards. A tradition which has carried over until modern times.

But this morning, when I headed out to my car, was it egg I saw all over the place? No. I found cherry pie. Some damn little hooligans bought a whole freaking cherry pie, and threw it at my car. Eggs would have pissed me off, but a whole pie pretty much sent me into ballistic seizures. And my mood was set for the day...a mood which caused every little thing to really piss me off. The way every idiot was driving on the road. The way Carolyn was slurping her coffee in the cube next to mine. And the fact that my toe still hurts from where I kicked my frigging tire in a fit of rage.

I don't know what the precedence is, but I just don't think it's a good sign for how the week is going to play out when it starts off with a drive by pieing.

I'm preparing for the worst.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home