Monday, September 27, 2004

the art of wooing women

There's a girl in our office who prides herself on being up on all of the modern lingo. She's young and highly enjoys throwing around the 'hip' terms that all of the 'in' kids are using. I'd give some examples, but alas, I rarely know what the hell the girl is talking about.

Today, however, she told me that during her break, a new guy named David was talking to her. "Last Friday, I stayed up coding with my boys."

She started to panic, quickly exhausting her impressive stored vocabulary of modern terminology...and she had no idea what the guy was talking about.

Was this a gang thing?

Were they scoping out women?

Was this some type of drug terminology?

She told me that she just didn't know and that she was getting a complex, fearing that she was no longer cool.

"Yeah," David continued, puffing out his chest and briefly pausing to let his attempts at impressing her sink in, "my buddies and me stayed up all Friday night doing some computer programming."

Containing her laughter, she was barely able to excuse herself and rush out of the break room.

And sadly, another computer geek goes down in flames in his attempts to woo women with his Java and C+ skills.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home