Monday, September 13, 2004

i think that i've just been demoted

So today is the day that the new office manager began her career at the office. A few of us took up a poll during lunch as to how long we thought she would last. She's from out of state, having moved up here thinking that this was a 'career' opportunity. When she realizes that the old twit who owns the place is a complete nimrod and fires people whenever the whim hits her, we're all thinking that she'll move back to more familiar waters. I've chosen the three week mark.

So, as the old twit owner is giving the new office manager a 'tour' of the place, she comes across my cube and introduces me as 'Mario's assistant'...Mario is the Sales Manager...and left me thinking, 'what the hell is this f#cking sh#t all about!?' First off, Mario is one of the laziest bastards I know. But more importantly, I'm not this guy's assistant. She 'promoted' me and gave me the title, 'Manager of Customer and Sales Support', which, in my mind at least, is not even remotely close to, 'Mario's Assistant'. The previous title makes me sound at least somewhat respectable. The latter makes me sound like some big haired, blond floozy with huge fake breasts who's main responsibility is answering the phone and ordering pastramis on rye for Mario's lunch.

Now, I realize that the old twit who runs the place is really into demoralization in a major way...her whole business is run on this very principle...but still, if she thinks that this job title she told to the new office manager is synonymous with the one I originally agreed to...I'm going to have to serious start re-evaluating my employment here. More so than I already have been, that is.

Besides, after working as 'Mario's Assistant', how much of a drop in prestige would it really be to go from that title to 'Burger Flipper' or 'Lawn Mower Guy' or even 'Elephant Excrement Remover'?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home