Wednesday, September 22, 2004

a summary of the week thus far

Monday: Uncovered an unhappy client. My idiot boss, who views my job more as ‘professional tattletale’ rather than ‘manager of customer service’ was ready to fire the unlucky account manager. The complaint from the client, though, had more to deal with the crappy system that my boss has set up than with the account manager. So I stuck up for the account manager on this one.

Tuesday: Called in ‘sick’ from work. My illness? A job interview with another company.

Wednesday: First thing in the morning I’m called into the old twit’s office. “You know,” she told me, “after seeing how you stuck up for the account manager on Monday made me realize that putting you in this position was not a good idea. You have too many ‘attachments’ to the folks ‘downstairs’. So effective Monday, I’m demoting you back down to doing background checks. You’ve done a good job, I just don’t feel that you are what I need in this role,”…because, of course, what she needs is a stool pigeon…”Therefore, I’ve offered your job to Nancy and she has accepted.”

“You offered my job to someone without discussing this with me first?” I asked, rather pissed off that my job would not just be offered up but accepted by someone without being told first that my job was no longer mine.

“I thought it was for the best,” the evil, vile, old twit said, “so on Friday, you will be training your replacement Nancy. She will be getting a raise and I will be giving her an assistant to work under her,”…nothing like rubbing salt into the wound, you know? But she didn’t stop there…”now, if you’d like to make a bid to be Nancy’s assistant, you’re more than welcome to do so.”

Mouth agape, I said, “you’ve got to be kidding? You think I’m going to apply to be the assistant to the job that I’m currently holding?”

To which the old twit said, “well, I guess that would be kind of silly, wouldn’t it?”

So, in the course of three days, I’ve been demoted and told that my replacement…who I will be training to do the same job I did…will have an assistant, be making more money than I was, and will probably be getting my choice parking spot. All this crap packed into only three days! And just think, I still have two days left in the week…boy, I just can’t wait to see how much crappier things will get!

Either way, tomorrow I plan on doing a lot of praying, finger crossing, and rubbing of a lucky rabbit’s foot all while searching for a four-leaf clover that the job interview I had on Tuesday will come through. Because there’s nothing to improve a crappy week than getting to tell your crappy boss to stuff her crappy job up her crappy ass.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home