Sunday, September 12, 2004

what the hell is wrong with these people?!

The people that I am referring to are the folks at Adelphia Cable. This was the phone call I had with one of their representatives today on the phone...

Me: "I just recently moved into a new apartment and I need to change the name on the account from the previous tenant to my name and add cable internet."

Adelphia: "Certainly sir, can I have the name of the account and the account number."

Me: "I just moved in and I don't know who's name would be on the account and I have no idea what the account number is. Here's the address for you to verify that my apartment is getting cable, though."

Adelphia: (after a five minute pause in which she had to search her database) "Yes sir, you are currently signed up with our basic cable package. However, to change the name on the account, we're going to have to have the previous account holder call and do that."

Me: "Okay, listen...she's not there anymore. I don't even no who it was. That's what I'm trying to explain here, I'm the new resident in the apartment. I don't want to cancel the service...actually, I want to add to it. I just need to get my name on the account so that I'll be billed for the services."

Adelphia: "I see sir, but we will need to have the previous account holder call to institute these changes."

Me: "Well what is her name...the rental office may have her new address. Then I can call her and have her contact you guys."

Adelphia: "I can't release that information to you sir."

Me: "Well can you at least tell me when the last bill was paid?"

Adelphia: "My records show that the bill hasn't been paid for the past two months, sir."

Me: "THAT'S BECAUSE SHE HASN'T BEEN THERE FOR THE LAST TWO MONTHS!! This is what I've been trying to tell you...SHE IS NOT THERE ANY LONGER! I need to change the name on the account so that you guys will get paid."

Adelphia: "Without her authorization sir, there is nothing I can do for you. If you would like, I could fax a request to your local cable office to perform a site survey for your apartment so that they can verify that that you have access to our services and they can set up a new account for you at that time."

Me: "I don't need a site survey. I've got cable now, everyone on the floor has cable now, you don't need to verify that my apartment is within your service providing area! Look, just give me the number of my local office and I'll contact them directly."

Adelphia: "I'm sorry sir, but I am not authorized to release that number. I will however fax that request in for a site survey, and someone should be contacting you within two to three weeks. Now, is there anything else that I can do for you today?"

It was at this point that I requested she do something that was beyond her physical capabilities.

How is it possible that with all of our modern day advances in technology and medicine people are actual getting dumber?

F@ck!ng morons. In any event, I'm now in the market for a pair of good old-fashioned rabbit ears...just like grandma used to have atop her TV set. I somehow doubt that Best Buy carries this item, however.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home