Friday, November 19, 2004

seven and counting

Today officially marks my seven month anniversary at this crappy job of mine. And while this may not seem all that impressive to you, it ranks in the top 5 longest jobs that I've ever held. So, in remembrance of these seven months, I'd like to take this opportunity to reflect on all the people that have come and gone in this short period of time.

Teri, Larry, Chrissy, Anita, Cheryl, Eric, Julian, Mike, Allison, Tana, Marsha, Kristina, the other Terri, Dawn, Donna, Peggy, Angela, Amy, Janet, and Val (who walked out for one day and then came back). The latest in this revolving door list is Linda, who started this past Monday.

On Tuesday, Linda went to lunch and never returned. Toni, who has been filling in for the receptionist during lunch, said that she felt we had seen the last of Linda when she left for lunch carrying all the pictures that she brought to put in her cubical.

With the passing of each employee, I've been keeping my own little keepsake of past co-workers, by scavenging their empty desk to snag a remembrance of their time spent at the office. Upon my walls are name tags, business cards, a birthday candle, a forgotten mug, a hair band, a pen, and several other knick-knacks.

At this rate, however, I'll soon need to move into a larger cubicle simply to house my growing museum.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home