Wednesday, January 05, 2005

purging the database

I'm not sure if it's because I tend to get bored easily, having grown up in the MTV generation where I'm used to a lot of glitz and constant stimulation, provided in easily digestible three minute segments, but people tend to bore and annoy me after a while. And by people, I mean everyone.

I enter into friendships well aware that the person I've become close to comes with an expiration date that, when reached, will mean that they will be downgraded to 'casual acquaintance' and then dropped completely...all of which probably explains why I'm single.

One co-worker that I'm friends with has been grating on my nerves lately and is rapidly approaching this expiration date. Today, during break, she was talking about her cell phone. She's had her current one for a year and feels that a newer model, with photo capabilities and a wider variety of musical ring choices, is just what she needs.

"You know, there were 80 people that I put in my saved numbers list when I got this phone last year, and looking through it the other day I realized that I don't even like any of these people anymore! I haven't called any of them in months and really have no desire to even see any of them again. Isn't that sad?"

I just looked at her and nodded, knowing exactly how she felt.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home