Wednesday, February 02, 2005

my bad choices are finally paying off

At last, my past two crappy jobs are beginning to pull their own weight.

My unemployment compensation issues have been cleared up, and it would seem that I am now eligible to collect. My employment in Virginia was holding up the proceedings, and the lazy-ass state finally got their act together and sent in my salary info. Once in, I went from Santa's 'bad' list to his 'good' list, and my present is a paycheck once every two weeks with the only catch being that I call in every other week to stake my claim.

I hated the job in Virginia, this being mainly due to the group of asshole teachers and administrators that worked at the school. So I left, moved back to Pittsburgh, and ended up securing yet another sucky job at Justifacts doing background checks. The hag that ran the place was evil, the job was tedious, the pay stunk, and even the name of the company sounded quite inane.

The beauty of my current situation, though, is that my highest earning quarter that the state of Pennsylvania is basing my unemployment compensation on was earned at Virginia. This being said, my unemployment checks that I'll be getting will be slightly more than the money I was actually earning while working for the evil hag. So I'll be getting my full paycheck for sitting at home catching up on some long missed daytime television and sleeping in late...all because of the bad choices I made last year.

And while it's been gone for a over a month, 2004 is finally starting to shape up to be a pretty good year.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home