Thursday, November 23, 2006

thanksgivings of the new millenium

I drove by the local bowling alley on my way home from work the other day. The marquee alerted all passersby of the annual ‘bowl a turkey, win a turkey’ promotion that this particular establishment conducted each year. Their little way of encouraging holiday cheer in the bowling enthusiasts that frequented the lanes. Three strikes, and Thanksgiving dinner was assured.

As I continued on my way past, I realized that this Thursday would mark my seventh job in the past seven Thanksgivings. That’s a different job for each year since the new millennium began.

My friend Gwen called later that evening and I mentioned this revelation to her.

“You know,” she told me, “that’s going to look real bad to employers. You better hold onto this job for awhile.”

“I can’t help it if I have commitment issues when it comes to employment.”

“I think that it’s less a ‘commitment’ issue and more of an ‘employment’ issue,” she said.

And she may be right. I need to keep this job for next several Thanksgivings. If, for no other reason, to keep my resume under ten pages long.

|

1 Comments:

Blogger CamiKaos said...

i stumbled onto your blog by accident but you are freaking hilarious. Keep up the good work, and yeah, resumes under 10 pages are better...

4:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home