Tuesday, January 08, 2008

revived archives

Entry: October 8, 1998 from my fictitious diary.



Woke up. Went to work. Came home from work.


Was hungry. Wanted an omelet. Went to the supermarket. Returned home.


Began cooking omelet.


Realized that I forgot to buy eggs. Went back out to the supermarket. Returned home again.


Made omelet.


Realized that I really didn't want an omelet. What I was really hungry for was a hamburger.


Threw the omelet away.


Went out to McDonald's and bought hamburger. Returned home again. Ate hamburger.

Realized that I hadn't wanted the hamburger. I had actually wanted an omelet all along. Briefly considered getting omelet out of trash and eating it. Knew that this was a dangerous path to a life of vagrancy and bumdom.

I left it in the garbage can.

So upset at having chosen the wrong dinner that I barely enjoyed this evening's episode of Friends.

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home