Friday, January 11, 2008

what would have been 300

I hate it when people post about how many postings they've posted. It's a completely self indulgent activity. And can posting a post to say that you've posted another post actually count toward your total post count? I highly doubt that this would even be considered a legitimate post if a council of blog regulations existed.

Theoretically, had the internet been around when I was born, I could have posted something every day stating, 'this is my first post' and 'this is my 134th post' and by now have been up to over 9,000 posts. They'd all amount to nothing more than a bunch of worthless crap, but 9,000 is quite a big number.

And having just written something about the number of posts I've posted, I'm ashamed to even count this as a post at all. At best, it's maybe a tenth of a post...or perhaps a quarter post. But not a full-fledged post.

So here it is, my 299.25th post.

Though I'm not even sure what would constitute a record number of posts. Now in sports, numbers mean something. 700 home runs. 50 touchdown passes. 35 broken bones (Evel Knievel's record). Those are numbers you can pick up women with in a bar.

And really, why even bother counting if it can't somehow get you laid?

|

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home